Contributor
lynncy

On Demand and Catch up not working

Hi i'm new to the forum, hope someone can help, we had you view box installed yesterday, today i am unable to watch anything on Demand i move to the on Demand button and it freezes blank screen, and also when i tried to watch something from catch-up information unavailaable comes up next to every channel so cannot watch catch up either! starting to feel i've done the wrong thing going with talk talk TV! help!:smileyindifferent:
Super Contributor
MCMLXXIII

Re: On Demand and Catch up not working

The first thing to try would be to turn the box, the tv and the router all off at the mains.
Plug in the router first and wait for the lights to turn steady.
Then turn on the tv (on the talk talk box source).
Then turn on the Talk talk box.
Wait a few moments then try again.:smileywink:
Contributor
lynncy

Hi MXMLXXIII, thanks for that, catch-up seems to be working now, but On Demand still not, a message came up on screen saying "Youview can't make that work" search for YVM104 on youview.com/support!! so will try that, fingers crossed! thanks again:robotwink:
Super Contributor
MCMLXXIII

Hello
I'm glad it's a bit better for you.
Are you connected with powerline adapters or just an ethernet cable to the router?
Meanwhile If you sit tight and go through support pages in my account the Mods on the forum will get to you soon and look into this for you.
This is a common problem. check your ethernet cable connection first then try rebooting just the box again by turning on and off via switch at the back of it (push button/black).
Give it a minute or so off.
Tell us how it goes.
Contributor
lynncy

Hiya, its happened again! catch up showing no information available for last week, but today and next week shows up, and On demand still not working! the engineer put in sockets with lights on, no cable from router. :robotwink:
Contributor
lynncy

Is me again! just done what you said turn off from back of box!(button) and all seems to be working at last, if it happens again i'll do what you suggested again, thanks so much for your help MCMLXXIII, :smileyhappy:
Banned
redchiz

Have you checked YouView support yet? It does seem to be a common problem, unfortunately and there appear to be a variety of solutions which have helped different people, the simplest seems to have been swapping the ethernet cable!
Here's a link to get you started: community.youview.com/youview/topics/on_demand_yvm104_error_help
EDIT: It seems while I was posting the above that you got it sorted courtesy of MCMLXXIII, excellent news. :smileyhappy:
Super Contributor
MCMLXXIII

Yippee!!:smileyvery-happy:
OCE_Mark
Topics: 10
Kudos: 994
Solutions: 496

hi lynncy,

Glad to see you have got this resolved and its good to see the cmmunity coming together to share knowledge and advice.

Cheers to MCMLXXIII and RedChiz for their input.

Regards

M:smileyhappy:

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Contributor
lynncy

What a joke!

Think i've made a BIG mistake getting you view installed :smileysad:
had it for one week now, and have only been able to watch a programme on catch up maybe twice because it keeps coming up "information unavaliable" OK we turn everything off an on its pot luck if it works (usually not) watched noting on demand, unable to, a couple of times the sound is out of sync or distorted! and we lose the signal to the tv at least once a day, The printer wont work properly since the installation day, which is frustrating as we run a business, so youview is a joke! any solutions will be gratefully recieved, or i just want rid.:smileymad:
Super Contributor
barney

Hi lynncy,

as you are still reporting issues with YouView I have merged your latest topic from the Broadband Discussion forum with your topic in the Plus TV Support forum so that the OCE (forum support staff) can assist you.

Regards

Barney
Contributor
Dr Robert

Not sure if this may help with diagnosis, but I frequently get this message after the YV box has fallen asleep. The programs in the guide are all marked unavailable. Rebooting solves the problem.
Contributor
lynncy

Hi Dr Robert thanks for the reply, i've done the reboot and its still not working! i went back to watching catch up on my laptop in the end which works fine, but i shouldn't have to should i? when i've paying talk talk £85 for a service that is not working, getting really fed up with it now, thanks again for your help though,
Banned
redchiz

Are you still getting the same error message which you mentioned previously? If so, go back to my earlier post and follow the link to YouView support.
Contributor
lynncy

Thanks redchiz for getting back to me last week, only just seen your comment, still not having any luck with you view probs! not happy with it, love your profile pic by the way! think i may have to telephone the tech team! or have the box removed.
Contributor
lynncy

I keep rebooting it, then sometimes catch up and on demand will work depending how it feels!! but you shouldn't have to keep running up and down stairs to switch it all off and on should you? sometimes i'm doing 2/3 times a day, dont know why my printer wont work since you view installation! grrrrrr! not having much luck! :smileymad:
Contributor
lynncy

No error message anymore sorry,
Retired
Nathann

Hi lynncy,

Could you please confirm that the router is set to always on in the router settings.

we lose the signal to the tv at least once a day
Is it the free to air channels that are losing signal? How do you regain this, do you have re-tune the channels? Do you have an indoor or outdoor aerial?

The printer wont work properly since the installation day
How does the printer connect to the router, does it connect via wireless? What make/model router are using? Did you receive a new router as part of the install?

Thanks

Nathan

Contributor
lynncy

The router is always on, when i go on guide and press day before to catch up 8 out of 10 times "no information" comes up! i turn everything off router,tv,and box leave for a a minute then put them all back on! sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, router is new and was installed same time as youview box, printer is connected wireless, when TV loses its signal we have to turn youview box off by button on the back few seconds later turn it back on to get a signal back, lost its signal again this morning!:smileysad:
OCE_Debbie
Topics: 1
Kudos: 1,058
Solutions: 488

Hi lynncy,

when i go on guide and press day before to catch up 8 out of 10 times "no information" comes up! i turn everything off router,tv,and box leave for a a minute then put them all back on! sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't,

Just to confirm, does this issue occur daily?

when TV loses its signal we have to turn youview box off by button on the back few seconds later turn it back on to get a signal back, lost its signal again this morning

If there is a period of inactivity then the YouView box can go into standby mode and in order to reactivate the YouView box you would need to press the red button at the top left of the remote control.

Please see the following for further information.

How do I change the standby timing

Thanks

Debbie

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution